A precis of membership from the Association's constitution (Part 2 - Membership):
- To be admitted as an Ordinary Member the person must:
- Be 18 years of age or over;
- Have completed and submitted the membership application form in writing;
- Subscribe to the Objects/Purposes (found on the application form);
- Have formally agreed in writing to follow the rules of this Association;
- Have paid the annual subscription (if any) set from time to time by State Council; and
- Be accepted as an ordinary member by State Council.
- Any member who has provided conspicuous and valuable services to this Association may be recommended by State Council for the distinction of Life Membership.
- A person serving in the Australian Defence Force may, during that service, apply to be a Service Member of this Association.
- A person serving in an Allied Defence Force as a Liaison or Exchange Officer to the Australian Defence Force may, during that service and attachment, apply to be a Service Member of this Association.
- A Service Member is not required to pay an annual subscription fee and is not entitled to vote or hold office.
Associate of Membership
- An Associate Member:
- Must be 18 years of age or over;
- May not pay an annual subscription or levy, as determined from time to time by State Council;
- Has no right to vote and no right to be elected as an office bearer but may be heard at meetings of this Association with the permission of the Chair; and
- Has all of the other rights and obligations of membership as found in this Constitution and in the By-laws.
- Young persons between the ages of eight and eighteen years who are members of Australian Air Force Cadets, The Australian Air League or similar youth organisations and other young persons interested in aviation, may apply to be enrolled as Junior Members of this Association.
- The rights and obligations of Junior Members shall be as declared from time to time by the National Board.